

What a great site Flickr is. I have done some posting of photos to the web through iPhoto for family and friends to access. I chose to add these photos of Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium to this posting since in about 3 weeks I will be at both of these stadiums with my two older sons. I found it easy to search the creative commons for these photos. There were many to choose from. The uploading into the blog took a little more time to figure out the easiest path. Now that I know the procedure, the next time it will be easier.
I can see my students using Flickr in their Keynote presentations. This will give them access to many photos to spice up their projects. The tagging concept will make it easy to search for photos. I also might use this as a place for students to upload photos that they take and edit in iPhoto. This will allow friends and family to see the photos. The students can access the photos anytime and anywhere. Also, future classes could use the photos as part of their projects. I can see this technology addressing many of the NETS-S as students will research, collaborate, it is innovative and they are using technology operations and concepts. I really think the students will enjoy working with the photos and then take pride in showing friends and family the things they can do with the photos now that they are online.
No comments:
Post a Comment