I just added the CNN student news RSS feed to my blog. The feed can be found at http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_cnnstudentnews.rss. I chose to add this feed so that I can be kept up to date on happenings in the show that we will be watching daily with our middle school students in the advisory period. Also, students who visit my blog can read more information about the show and possibly comment on the show.
I like the use of Bloglines as a collection point for the latest articles, news and blog updates. I only have to go to one site to get all the updates and I can have access from any computer, not just my own. What a time saver and I am sure that as I research lessons and educational information I will add more feeds. I also like the folder option that allows you to organize the feeds. I can subscribe to personal feeds, educational feeds and feeds that have to do with hobbies or even coaching.
I could use RSS feeds in my class with students doing research for a keynote project. Students can subscribe to feeds about a topic. This will give the students a site to collect any new information that may be published about their topic. Also, students would learn that now instead of them having to go get the research they can set up their Bloglines account so the information comes to them. This activity will address NETS-S #3 on Research and Information Fluency. What a shift in the research process. Instead of the students going out and finding the information, the information now comes to them and they just have to sift through it all.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment