Well I have created and published my first ever podcast. A huge thank you to my son Nathan who helped me with the podcast by discussing a book he has read. We enjoyed making the podcast. I had some technical difficulties, but worked through them. We created the podcast using GarageBand and I had to post the podcast to my iWeb site. Click on Calvin and Hobbes.
While looking at the resources on podcasts, I found many that I have since subscribed to via iTunes. I plan to have my 8th grade students do some podcasting this year, but I think it will be in the form of a video podcast. Our thought is part of my 8th grade computer class curriculum will be to do the schools daily announcements as a videocast. All of the teachers in the middle school will subscribe to this videocast daily. This experience will cover many of the NETS, but especially creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, and technology operations and concepts.
I would also, like to do some podcasting with the sixth grade students, but have not come up with an idea at this time. Maybe I will stick with the concept my son and I did and have it be a book talk activity.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment