Saturday, July 26, 2008

Web 2.0 tools

I plan to incorporate both blogs and podcasts into my computer classes this year. The first one is blogs. I think the students will enjoy creating and commenting to blogs. I plan to have students blog about photos they will taking as well as different events that occur throughout the school year. I also plan to keep a blog as a form of communication with parents.

The second tool I like is podcasting. Part of our classes intention is to create a video podcast of the schools daily announcements. This video podcast would also be available to parents so they can keep up to date on the schools events.

Both of these tools will introduce students to new ways to communicate with large audiences. They will cover many of the NETS-S and METS in Michigan. The experiences will engage the students in their learning and hopefully their parents as well.

No comments: